Thursday, September 15, 2011

Eng102 1st short essay.

Louise McGuire
Eng102.0831
Professor Ken Cottrell

Diagnostic Essay 9/8/11


              I decided to return to school in order to serve along side my husband, Pastor Chris Floret, in ministry.  I knew I wanted to go back to school, but I wanted a major that could help me serve the community where we were to have a church in.  At LaGuardia Community College, they offered the option “Labor and Community Organizing” under the Liberal Arts Major and I knew that would be the degree program for me.  The classes they offered in human services, social sciences, speech communications, and writing would help me serve the community in the capacity I need to.
          I knew going back to school at the age of forty-five would not be easy, but I knew that it was something I had to do in order to move forward in my life.  I have attempted many careers in my life such as hairdressing, secretary, school security, etc., but none were as fulfilling as being a pastor’s wife and doing what I am called to do by God. 
As my forty-sixth birthday approaches, I am entering into my third semester at LaGuardia Community College.  I have no regrets in this decision I have made to go to school here and I look forward to finishing my degree and going on to do what I am called to be in this life. 

No comments:

Post a Comment